Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Escapades With My Mobile

At this point in time, while I am writing this, I must agree that I am in a totally bemused frame of mind. I am just wondering whether GOD has created some special kind of bunglers who are really adept at losing their belongings and especially when it comes to Cellphones. For anyone who is reading this I must tell that I have already managed to loose around 3 mobiles in the last 2 years. Lest I forget all were pretty trendy for the Times. By the way after losing 3 mobiles and a net worth of ( 7500+15000+6000) I can assure one and all that the next mobile that I am going to get from the market wouldn’t be worth more than Rs2500/-.
Now let me put up the whole story as to how I have managed to loose all these mobiles till date.
The first one happened in a Bangalore bus when my pocket was picked. The proceeding was a totally planned stuff, something of the reel life kind. I was about to get down from the bus, when these embezzlers had blocked my way out. And then the city buses in B’lore city are kind of a HiTech machines. The doors would get closed as the bus leaves the stand.By the time I could be out the doors were already locked and the bus had started. So I thought of shouting to the driver and stop the bus( I was in a real hurry to get down of the bus as a girl had been waiting for me ).But there came a few people at my rescue and rather to my surprise. The driver henceforth stopped the bus and I managed to barge out. As I was getting down I felt somebody pick my pocket. As had happened previously, by the time I understood that I had been robbed of my mobile the doors had closed and I left astounded.What followed after wards can be left for another write up.
Now the remaining two incidences were partly my folly and partly my bad luck. While the common factors in both these losses was that the mobiles were switched off when I lost them and that they were picked up my none but the house keppers, and that’s why I call it my bad luck, the fact is that I had forgotten to pick them up from where I had kept them. The first one in a conference room while the second one right from my house.
Oh !! before I forget to mention, this is what happened after my 3rd mobile was stolen. My Aunt was present in the house( in fact I was present in her house then) when the incident happened. She is one of those super-superstitious kind of mankind’s example. She immediately went to some lady ( More famously known as Bhabi) to find out who had stolen the mobile. I thought she was some kind of an Airtel employee but found out that she was no more than a high priestess who helped people in such matters. In fact there was a deluge in the small tent like place where she operated from. She had then given some prescription sort of a thing to my aunt to get back my mobile. Well nothing happened at least for the nest 48 hrs and I had to leave the place empty pocket yet again.

And here I am now writing this after some 72 hrs of the incident and still without that mobile and felling forlorn. Rest I guess I can update only if at all the prescription works and I get back my mobile else one can rest assured that I am going to buy a cheap variety.
And hope my Escapades with my mobile can end here.

5 comments:

Neel Arurkar said...

Sad man. Hope you get it back soon..

Anonymous said...

a sad story indeed .. but u shud hv been a bit more detailed..

Maverick's Musings said...

Ya indeed they were disheartening for me :(

Anonymous said...

U lost it again the one with lights at the side, is it?

Maverick's Musings said...

Ya that one only..the one with lights on its side :(

Rate My Blog