Tuesday, December 05, 2006


Dhoom 2
I went to watch this movie in the 3rd week after this movie was released. Hence it was obvious that I already had feedbacks about the movie already available with movie. The general consensus was that the movie was a no brainer. So I planned to chuck my brain out the window before I entered the theatre.
I was a little late for the movie-approx 5 min. The scene that I was welcomed with was Rhithik skating in railway tracks in the midst of some desert (I really never had an idea that there can be railway tracks in desert too before this movie). Anyways by the time I could locate my seat inside, the scene was already over and a song sequence started. Though the song was really awesome with Rhithik not looking anything less than a Greek God, I couldn’t really understand what the hell was happening there, as to how Rhithik reached a dance club from a desert.
I knew I had to prepare myself for a tougher period ahead.
The movie kept movie at a brisk pace and kept tearing my head apart. Similar situations as the afore mentioned kept cropping. And the more I tried not to apply my thoughts on the proceedings the happier I got. The happiest moment came when the movie got over though.
My take on the movie would be like this :
D2 is bigger than D1. It has more heavily paid actors in it. The sets are costlier. Movie shot mostly in Rio. But there is no script line in the movie whatsoever. The songs also not as impressive as D1. Though the action sequences are much bigger they are less in number. The movie has only a couple of chases.
Finally if one still plans to go ahead to watch this movie, I would give a green signal only on the precondition that – please assure yourself that you have no brain at all and that you enjoy great dance numbers and like great bodies.. However I would sincerely suggest that you would be better off utilizing your time in something more purposeful.

The characters could best be described in this fashion:
Abhishek :
He looked like an unkempt super cop who could decode anything from his logical reasoning prowess. I wondered why he hadn’t appeared for
CAT.
Bipasha : She looked really stunning, specially in Touch me Sonia number. But why was she there in the movie in the 1st place, I couldn’t decipher.
Rhithik : I have already mentioned above. He looked nothing less than a Greek God. Add the that his dancing skills and he really steals the show from the other 2 heroes.
Aishwarya : She has given herself a lean - mean look. She even tanned her skin. All these made her look more like an ugly duckling rather than a hot babe. Especially in a few scenes her pace was pale.
Uday Chopra : Is he really a movie material :o ??? With a voice as meek as a rat probably he was totally overshadowed. He should thank God that he was a part of this movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I had intentions of watching this movie... even after hearing lots about it.. , but after reading it... its lost....

Souvik said...

well dude great analysis perhaps you should sign up for a newspaper for writing movie reviews n u will get paid for it too n please the spelling is Hrithik Roshan not Rhithik please correct it....

Rate My Blog